Ground WarfareMilitary VideosTactical Gears

Colt CZ Acquires MK47 Automatic Grenade Launcher System Technology

80
×

Colt CZ Acquires MK47 Automatic Grenade Launcher System Technology

Share this article
MK47 lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher
MK47 lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher

Colt CZ Group SE hereby announces that it acquired intellectual property rights for the Mk 47 automatic grenade launcher from General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (“GD-OTS” or “General Dynamics”). Colt CZ Group, through its subsidiary Colt, has acquired ownership of the Mk 47 40mm Advanced Lightweight Grenade Launcher system, including the Fire Control, from General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS). The Mk 47 is a reliable, portable 40mm grenade launcher suited for light infantry vehicles and tripod applications. This weapon system provides the warfighter with a decisive technological advantage over enemy forces equipped with older crew-served weapons.

“Colt’s Manufacturing Company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of firearms used by militaries around the world. Colt has a history of producing crew-served weapons and 40mm shoulder fired grenade launchers. Bringing the Mk 47 and Fire Control into the Colt CZ Group will allow our experienced engineering and operations team to expand its capabilities for the Future Soldier requirements,” said Dennis Veilleux, CEO of Colt CZ Group North America and Member of the Board of Directors of Colt CZ Group.

“This acquisition expands Colt CZ Group’s offerings into the segment of larger and more sophisticated weapon systems and crew-served platforms. The acquisition of this highly capable weapon system is fully in line with our Group’s mission to provide innovative and high-quality products that our customers can rely on in any situation. Also, it will nicely complement the efforts our subsidiary swissAA has in the production of 40mm grenades,” said Jan Drahota, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Colt CZ Group.

MK47 40mm Advanced Grenade Launcher
MK47 40mm lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher. (Photo by GD-OTS)

The Mk 47 or Striker 40 is a lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher with an integrated fire control system, capable of functioning as a standard automatic grenade launcher or smart programable airburst capability. The Mk 47 can be tripod, vehicle, air or watercraft mounted. The Mk 47 can launch smart programmable 40mm air burst grenades through in-bore or radio frequency (RF) programming in addition to various unguided point impact rounds. A computerized sight allows the user to set this distance. The Mk 47 fires all NATO standard high velocity 40mm rounds, providing firepower against soft and lightly armored targets. The Lightweight Video Sight produced by Raytheon, the Mk 47’s fire control system, utilizes the latest in laser rangefinding, I2 night vision and ballistic computer technology.

Colt CZ Group (Colt CZ) is one of the leading producers of firearms and ammunition for military and law enforcement, personal defense, hunting, sport shooting, and other commercial use. It markets and sells its products mainly under the Colt, CZ (?eská zbrojovka), Colt Canada, CZ-USA, Dan Wesson, Spuhr, swissAA and 4M Systems brands. Colt CZ Group is headquartered in the Czech Republic and employs more than 2,000 people in its production facilities in the Czech Republic, the United States, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, and Hungary. Colt CZ is owned by Ceská zbrojovka Partners SE from 75.4%, with the remaining 24.6% being a free float.

MK47 40mm lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher. (Photo by GD-OTS)
MK47 40mm lightweight 40mm automatic grenade launcher. (Photo by GD-OTS)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *