Military T-Shirt
Tamiya Military Model Kit
Aerial Warfare

OMGA Delivers Central Fuselage of Embraer C390 Millennium


OMGA Delivers Central Fuselage of Embraer C390 Millennium

Share this article
Embraer C-390 Millennium Medium-sized transport aircraft
Embraer C-390 Millennium Medium-sized Transport Aircraft

Portuguese aerospace company OMGA delivered the last panel of the Central Fuselage AC011 of the first of five Embraer C390 Millennium aircraft, acquired to Embraer by the Portuguese Armed Forces (Forças Armadas). This aircraft will be delivered to the Portuguese Air Force which will use as a KC390 for fuelling purposes. The Portuguese government was to sign an €87–million contract with Embraer for part of the production of the C-390. The first aircraft is to be delivered in February 2023 with deliveries to end in February 2027.

In February 2010, Embraer proposed C-390s to the Portuguese Ministry of Defense to replace the Portuguese Air Force’s C-130s. In June 2016, Portugal announced its intention to buy six C-390s. In 2017, the Portuguese government authorized the purchase of five C-390 military aircraft, with the option of one more.

The Embraer C-390 Millennium is a medium-size, twin-engine jet-powered military transport aircraft in production by Brazilian aerospace manufacturer Embraer, able to perform aerial refuelling and to transport cargo and troops. It is the heaviest aircraft the company has made to date, and will be able to transport up to 26 tonnes (29 tons) of cargo, including wheeled armoured fighting vehicles.The first production aircraft was delivered on 4 September 2019.

OGMA – Indústria Aeronáutica de Portugal S.A. is a Portuguese aerospace company providing maintenance services and manufacture of aerostructures. Its share capital is retained in 65% by Airholding SGPS consortium, part of Embraer. The remaining 35% are owned by EMPORDEF, retained by the government of Portugal. KC-390 project is an aspect worth mentioning. In a partnership with Embraer, the company invested around 35 million euros and created 180 jobs for the development and manufacture of central fuselage, right and left sponsons, as well as its in-depth rudders.

Embraer C-390 Millennium medium mobility aircraft.
Embraer C-390 Millennium medium mobility aircraft.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *