Navistar Defense, Melrose Park, Illinois, was awarded an $11,442,992 firm-fixed-price Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract for 6×6 and 4×4 general transport trucks, recovery vehicles, and spare parts to Iraq. Bids were solicited via the internet with five received. Work will be performed in Springfield, Ohio; and Ooltewah, Tennessee, with an estimated completion date of Feb. 28, 2021. U.S. Army Contracting Command (ACC) at Detroit Arsenal (DTA), Michigan, is the contracting activity (W56HZV-20-F-0206). Work will be performed in Springfield, Ohio; and Ooltewah, Tennessee, with an estimated completion date of Feb. 28, 2021.
Navistar Defense currently manufactures five families of military vehicles:
• International 7000-MV 6×6 truck family – includes general transport truck (GTT), recovery, tanker and man cab variants.
• International MaxxPro 4×4/6×6 vehicle family – includes Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP), recovery and tractor variants, primarily 4×4 vehicles but also includes a 6×6 flat-bed variant based on 7000-series platform.
• Navistar International MXT-MV 4×4 vehicle family – includes tactical vehicle, APC and cargo variants
• International Special Operations Tactical Vehicle (SOTV) 4×4 vehicle
• International 5000-MV tractor trucks
The company was awarded multiple contracts for the supply of trucks to Iraq since 2017. A contract similar to the current contract was awarded in 2018. This FMS contract, worth around $22 million, called for the supply of 4×4 and 6×6 trucks to Iraq. In September 2017, Navistar Defense, LLC was awarded a $18.8 million FMS contract by the U.S. Army to provide 115 International 7000-MV Medium Tactical Vehicles (MTV) to Iraq. Navistar Defense MTVs are based on the highly multipurpose International WorkStar severe-duty platform designed for both off and on-road operation and is the backbone for the company’s MaxxPro MRAP vehicle.
Navistar International Corporation (formerly International Harvester Company) is an American holding company, that owns the manufacturer of International brand commercial trucks, IC Bus school and commercial buses, Workhorse brand chassis for motor homes and step vans, and is a private label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van, and SUV markets. The company is also a provider of truck and diesel engine parts and service. While International Harvester started in farm equipment, the company was quickly pressed into service to produce military vehicles for World War I. A reputation that lives on today in Navistar Defense brand military vehicles.