Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) unveiled the Barak-MX system – a modular air defense system for shooting optimization and threat management. Based on IAI acclaimed and field proven Barak family, Barak MX is an advanced Air & Missile Defense System that provides you with a single integrated solution for multiple simultaneous aerial threats from different sources and different ranges.
Barak MX creates a difference for you in today’s complex battlefield by allowing tailor system configuration to face any threat, in any mission and in any battle condition. Connect and utilize any combination of the three Barak MX components:
• The Barak Battle Management Center (BMC), which creates and manages a unified multi-senor aerial picture, coordinates the force operation networks and manages the launch arrays. Barak BMC is available in mobile, transportable and stationary versions.
• The Barak Interceptors, all with vertical launch capabilities supporting 3600 coverage, quick reactions, short minimal ranges and active high-end RF seekers for targets with low radar cross sections and high maneuverability:
– BARAK MRAD, with a single pulse rocket motor for ranges up to 35 km
– BARAK LRAD, with a dual pulse rocket motor for ranges up to 70 km
– BARAK ER, with a dual pulse rocket motor and an additional booster for ranges up to 150 km and enhanced TBM capabilities
• IAI’s Fully Digital Integrated Phased Array Radars, available in a variety of sizes and configurations and allowing simple integration with any of your legacy sensors
IAI is showcasing the concept for the Barak missile system – MX at the ongoing Eurosatory exhibition in Paris. The defense system is based on three different missile interceptors from the Barak defense missile family: one for short ranges of up to 35 kms, one for medium ranges of 35-70 kms, and one for long ranges of 70-150 kms, the news daily reported.
The system is capable of supporting radar systems and launchers for different types of Barak family missiles, thereby ensuring coverage of wide field cells against attack by warplanes, helicopters, UAVs, air-to-ground missiles, and ground-to-ground missiles.
The system’s activity features operational and operating flexibility facilitating selection of the type of radar and interceptor according to the type of threat.
Barak MX’s innovative, software based modular approach offers you exceptional flexibility in operation and power build up and ensures simple adaptation to future threats, making it one of the most powerful, all weather, day & night solutions for today’s most challenging threats.