Elbit Systems Ltd. announced today that it was awarded a contract worth approximately $115 million to supply tank ammunition to a NATO country. The contract will be performed over a period of three years and includes options for further extensions. Elbit Systems Land’s tank ammunition array is compliant with NATO and MIL-STD standards. The ammunition dramatically increases the fire power and capabilities of Armored Corps. The 105mm series is certified for any 105mm NATO gun such as M68, L7, F1 and equivalent firing systems. The 120mm series is certified for 120mm NATO smooth-bore guns used by Merkava 3 and 4, Leo2A4/A5/A6, M1A1/A2, K1A1/A2, K2, ARIETA, M60A3 MBTs and approved for firing from NATO 120mm smooth-bore gun systems L44/L55. The 125mm series is certified for T-72 and T-90 firing systems, and the 100mm series is designed to be fired from T54/T54B/T55 MBTs. Elbit Systems Land provides ammunition with a high level of safety, reliability and quality.
Yehuda (Udi) Vered, General Manager of Elbit Systems Land: “We are honoured by the decision of an additional NATO member to arm their tanks with Elbit Systems’ innovative 120 mm tank ammunition. The contract provides a strong vote of confidence in our portfolio of advanced munitions.”
Elbit Systems Land has five facilities that are involved in the manufacture and testing
of tank ammunition:
• Central Laboratory – R&D unit, develops ammunition, new technologies, performs analysis and simulations, and conducts operational research.
• Metal Plant – Produces all the ammunition metal components.
• Chemical Plant – Manufactures all the energetic materials required for ammunition such as propellants, HE, detonators, tracers, pyrotechnic components, primers etc.
• LAP Plant – the Loading Assembly and Packaging (LAP) plant integrates the ammunition components and sub-assemblies to provide the final product to the customer.
• Testing Center – Conducts all the static and dynamic tests for components including energetic materials before approving them to ship to the LAP plant.
Elbit Systems Land is a defense weapon systems house, specializing in the development, manufacture and integration of offensive and defensive solutions for the modern battlefield, homeland security and terror threats. The advanced systems and products for land, air and naval forces are developed by vertically integrated expert teams based on extensive experience with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and other leading armed forces. Most of the systems and products are combat-proven and have been qualified by the IDF, U.S. Military (Army, Air Force, and Navy), EU countries and NATO member states. The operational gun and tank ammunition are in service with the IDF and other users, providing the customers with excellent capabilities, performance and customized, affordable solutions.