At International Defence Industry Fair (IDEF) 2023, Turkish defense company’s Nurol Makina unveiled the NMS Light (NMS-L) 4×4 light armoured vehicle. The NMS-L – which combines scalable armour with composites – is lighter than the NMS. It can be equipped with a remote controlled weapon station, such as the Unirobotics Venom remote weapon station that arms the vehicle displayed at IDEF 2023, or a manual open turret system. The NMS-L at IDEF was also armed with ILGAR smart loitering munition. The NMS-L boasts outstanding protection against ballistic threats, mines, and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in accordance with NATO Stanag 4569 standards. Its fully independent suspension system ensures enhanced maneuverability, even in challenging terrains. Designed to operate in extreme temperatures, the vehicle can withstand conditions ranging from -32°C to +55°C. Additionally, it is equipped with specialized tires and a Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS) to adapt to various road conditions. With its 4 side doors and 1 rear door, the NMS-L allows easy access and egress for up to 5 crew members. The safety of occupants is further prioritized with 5-point seat belts. The vehicle has a maximum speed of 150 km/h on paved roads and 120 km/h on unpaved roads, and its turning radius is impressively ? 8.0m. Furthermore, it has an impressive range of 700 km, achievable at a speed of 70 km/h on level roads.
The NMS-L offers a range of optional features that enhance its versatility and combat capabilities:
- Manuel Open Turret System
- Remote Controlled Weapon Station
- Front Night Vision Driver Support System (Low light intensity camera with adjustable monitor brightness.)
- Front & Rear Night Vision Driver Support System (Low light intensity camera with adjustable monitor brightness.)
- 360° Driver Enhancement System (360° stiched dome view with 4 cameras)
- Engine Bay Automatic Fire Extinguishing System (Optical sensors and manual/automatic activation extinguishers.)
- Personnel Cabin Automatic Fire Suppression and Extinguishing System (Optical sensors and manuel/automatic activation extinguishers.)
- Siren and Public Announcement System (Siren and control equipment.)
- External Speech System (Microphone System) (Simplex commumincation from out to inside.)
- Grenade Launcher (4+4 76 mm Smoke Grenade Launcher)
Founded in 1976, Nurol Makina has been involved in the defense sector since 1992, and is currently engaged in the production of 4×4 tactical wheeled armored vehicles at its modern facilities in Ankara/Turkey. Nurol Makina has a high production capacity, based on state-of-the-art technological infrastructure that includes 5-axis laser cutters used for the processing of steel armor, 7-axis robotic welding machines, hydraulic eccentric presses, and heat treatment and painting units. Nurol Makina has always distinguished itself from other companies through its unique designs in the land platforms segment, and has a test area that enables to carry out performance tests such as; trench crossing and obstacle climbing, side and steep slope climbing, crossing rough terrain and deep fording. Nurol Makina produces Ejder YALÇIN 4×4, NMS 4×4, NMS Light, PARS 4×4, Ilgaz 4×4, Ejder TOMA 4×4 and Ejder Kunter 4×4 mainly for the Turkish Armed Forces and the Turkish National Police, as well as for organizations abroad. Make every military and security unit in Turkey to have a Nurol Makina’s vehicle. Make NMS at least 3,000 vehicles present in 20 countries.