Belgium-based FN Herstal, one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of small caliber weapons and associated innovative solutions for the Defense and Security markets, unveils the newly-developed version of its high performance weapon mounted ballistic calculator for snipers, precision shooters and spotters. The operational feedback collected from around the world last year has led to improvements in terms of ergonomics and usability. This version appears today under a brand new name: FN Elityâ„¢. The FN Elityâ„¢ Weapon Mounted Ballistic Calculator can fit onto any squad or sniper team weapon of any caliber and spotting scopes. Thanks to its ballistic solver and multiple user features, the FN Elityâ„¢ is the best asset available to increase first hit probability at long range. It provides additional state-of-the-art designation capabilities, while being one of the most compact systems available on the market, delivering to warfighters and security forces an unchallenged tactical edge.
The FN Elityâ„¢ is an all-in-one system that comes standard with the following:
- the latest generation OLED screen displaying relevant information visible in the most difficult weather and light conditions.
- a laser range finder that can measure a human-size target at distances of up to 1,750m, visible and infrared laser pointers
- an infrared illuminator with variable light intensity and adjustable beam cone
- embedded sensors (e.g. temperature, pressure, humidity, elevation angle) that provide the data needed to fine-tune the shooting corrections according to the environment
- a ballistic solver, developed by ApexO (AFSÂ®), that provides real time shooting corrections and goes beyond classic G1,G7 drag coefficients to calculate the bullet trajectory
- an Android app, based on the well-known AFSÂ® software from ApexO and using Bluetooth to configure every parameter of the ballistic solver for an improved user experience
Fabrique National Herstal (National Factory Herstal), self-identified as FN Herstal and often referred to as Fabrique Nationale or simply FN, is a leading firearms manufacturer located in Herstal, Belgium, owned by the holding company Herstal Group which is in turn owned by the regional government of Wallonia. It is currently the largest exporter of military small arms in Europe. Herstal Group also owns U.S. Repeating Arms Company (Winchester) and Browning Arms Company. FN America is the American subsidiary of FN Herstal; FN America was formed by the merger of FN’s previous two American subsidiaries: FN Manufacturing and FNH USA. A United Kingdom based manufacturing facility FNH UK is now also in operation. Firearms designed and/or manufactured by FN include the Browning Hi-Power and Five-seven pistols, the FAL, FNC, F2000 and SCAR rifles, the P90 submachine gun, the M2 Browning, MAG and Minimi machine guns. FN Herstal’s firearms are used by the militaries of over 100 countries.