Profense PF M134 Minigun Weapon Systems is an electrically driven, (28 VDC) automatic Gatling machine gun style with a sustained rate of fire in excess of 3,000 rounds per minute (rpm) (+/- 10%). Optionally, the minigun can be equipped with a “Dual Rate” digitally controlled GCU that allows the user to select either a 1500 RPM or 3000 RPM rate of fire. The M134 fires the standard 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge and utilizes a link-fed ammunition system (M13 Link). The M134 is driven from a self-contained battery power supply, or power provided from the platforms vehicle electrical system.
The Profense M134 is the most technically advanced M134 Weapon System available supporting U.S. Defense Forces as well as NATO and non-NATO allies. The Minigun exceeds the performance requirements defined in MIL-M-45920 for the U.S. Army and provides “State-of-the-Art” feature enhancements that separate Profense M134 minigun weapon system from the competition.To achieve these objectives, Profense has meticulously inspected each aspect of this gun and designed system level improvements centered on performance, readiness, ease of use and long-term sustainability. they are actually manufacturing their own version of the M134 with several significant design differences from the currently fielded Dillion M134 that is in service all over the world.
The unique feature enhancements and product improvements to the Profense™ M134 are:
- Improved Feeder Sprocket to Eliminate Handover Failures
- Improved Splined Feeder Shaft to Eliminate Roll-Pin Failures and Misalignments
- Improved Feeder Door to Simplify Ammunition Loading Procedures
- Single-Tang Bolt Assembly to Reduce Operational Readiness Inspections
- Aero-Clamp Flash Suppressor Introducing Thermodynamic Cooling Processes’
- Multi-Functional Gun Control Unit (Ammunition Status/Rounds Counter)
- Improved Manufacturing Procedures
- Improved Manufacturing Coatings
- USG Tier 1 Supply-Chain